Hawk & Horse Blog
- This simple delicious recipe is flourless and is gluten-free!
- 2 teaspoons sweet butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Hawk and Horse Vineyards 2006 Latigo (our Cabernet-based Port-style dessert wine)
- Confectioners' sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 4 individual ramekins and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring it with a whisk from time to time, then remove from the heat.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of the sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate one at a time, add the Latigo, and whisk in the remaining sugar.
- Fold in the egg whites and whisk until thoroughly blended
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared ramekins, place on a baking sheet, and bake about 20 to 25 minutes until they're puffed and somewhat firm.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with sifted powdered sugar over the top of each soufflé.
- Yield: 4 individual soufflés